Nevins Library Internet and Computer Use Policy
The Nevins Library provides Internet/Wifi Access as an important resource for valuable information. Due to the unique nature of this tool, patrons are advised to use care and good judgment when online. The Library does not use any means of filters to access user information, but may monitor usage. Parents are urged to supervise their children’s time on the internet and to educate them regarding safe online practices. Patrons are reminded that the Library’s computer terminals are located in public areas shared with staff members and patrons of all ages, backgrounds, and sensibilities. Individuals are expected to show respect for the sensibilities of others when accessing potentially sensitive material.
Please don’t send, receive, or display text or graphics which may be deemed pornographic according to state, local, or federal laws.
Nevins Memorial Library Wifi Usage Policy
The Nevins Library provides an unfiltered wireless Internet hot-spot. This service is for patrons with wireless-capable devices, such as laptops and handheld computers. This service is intended to be available during the normal operating hours. However, the Library cannot guarantee that wireless service will be available at any specific time.
- Wireless networks are not secure and use is at the individual’s own risk. Virus, security, and privacy protection are the responsibility of the patron and are not provided by the library.
- The Library is not responsible for any damage to data files, alteration to file systems, or functionality of the computer resulting from connecting to the wireless network.
- The Library is not responsible for damage, theft, loss of property, personal information, software, or other personal property used in the library.
- The Library cannot guarantee Internet speed or quality of the connection.
- The Library does not supply electrical power for patron equipment. The patron is responsible for supplying charged batteries.
- The Library does not supply printing on the wireless network. Patrons are encouraged to save all material for printing to accessible applications and use the public computers to print any required documents or images. Black and white printing is available for $0.15 and color prints are $0.45 per page.
- The Wifi connection cannot be used for illegal purposes, nor shall it be used in any way that violates Library policies.